Castle bed and breakfast rooms
Tennessus castle has 5 unique B&B rooms, each of which has been carefully restored in true medieval style.
Three massive period suites are situated one on each floor of the 17metre high, XIVth century keep. The two lower rooms have huge granite fireplaces,while the top room has an amazing open timbered ceiling and beautiful views on all sides . All three have exposed stone walls, polished floors and hand crafted period style furniture. Decorations are entirely medieval and include pieces of armour, tapestries, heraldic shields and canopied
"This is a beautifully restored and loved castle.We have enjoyed our stay here and will remember it with great fondness. The girls loved their princess beds. Thank you" The Rees family, Australia
Two other smaller but very beautiful suites are now open in the XV century West Tower of the castleT.
These newly restored suites have hand painted walls, beautiful wooden ceilings and internal staircases making them totally unique in France.
All rooms, despite their medieval appearance, have their own,characterful but much more contemporary bathroom facilities.
The full continental breakfast is taken either in your bedroom (Sentinel's Chamber only ), or in the historic vaulted "Salle de
A full English breakfast can be ordered in advance (Supp 10€ pp)..
English tea,scones and cakes served in the "Salles de Gardes"on arrival, can also be ordered in advance (35€ for two).
Order our picnic basket and enjoy eating in Tennessus' lovely grounds or by candlelight in your own spectacular bedroom. (Price:60€ for two people)
- Row around the castle,
- Fish in the moat,
- Plunge into the pool,
- Stroll through the period potager... or simply
- Relax in your amazing bedroom bedrooms, and let 600 years of castle history wash over you!
Things to do:
At the castle:
- Badminton ,
- Ping pong,
- Hikes and walks.
- Sketching (private lessons available)
Medieval Parthenay,historic villages with churches (Saint Loup Airvault, Saint Jouin des Marnes),golf, riding, windsurfing.
The Futuroscope - Futuristic theme park (1 hr), Puy du Fou - historic theme park (1 hr), ballooning (1hr). the seaside (1.5 hrs), the Loire Valley and its castles (1hr-2hrs). Treetop assault course (45mins).
Conditions of sale
Conditions of sale
- For their own security and for the tranquility of others we do not accept babies or children under 6 years of age.
- The castle rooms are all reached up steep spiral staircases which are not suitable for the elderly or those with physical disabilities.
- We have a couple of cats and a dog, please let us know if you have particular allergies.
- For the same reason we do not accept other animals or pets.
- Arrival time is 17.00 pm and departure from the room 11 am.
- We cannot accept bankers cards at the chateau
- Cancellation policy. We do not reimburse the 25% deposit, once we have confirmed you stay.
- Please note. Some rooms are more comfortable than others in mid winter. Enquire before you book!
- The whole castle is a no smoking zone.
- Our Siret number is 430 071 076 00011 (702A)